Top 10 Cleanest Countries
Types ofMost Recyclable Plastics
- PET or PETE (polyethylene terephthalate)
- HDPE (high-density polyethylene)
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride)
- LDPE (low-density polyethylene)
- PP (polypropylene)
- PS (polystyrene)
How to Recycle Plastic
- Curbside Collection: some communities offer curbside collection of plastics for recycling
- Bottle Banks: you can exchange plastic bottles for money in some states
- Recycling Centers: take plastic items to be recycled
Recycling reduces the amount of plastic that ends up in landfills, decreases the amount of natural resources used to make plastic, and saves energy.
4 Reasons to Go Green
- Endangered Animals: as many as 247 animals are on the critically endangered list as of 2008.
- Deforestation: 8% drop in the amount of earth covered by rain forests. Many experts suggest the rain forest will be entirely eliminated by 2050.
- Global Warming: an increase in carbon dioxide that has led to global warming.
- Growing Landfills: filled with trash that could take millions of years to decompose
Top 10 Polluting Countries
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Korea