The following tutorial shows how easy it is repair steel applications with SolarShell, our fiberglass laminate. A SolarShell patch will bond with steel surfaces to effectively prevent corrosion, rust, and leaks.
1. Prepare the damaged surface by sanding away paint and rust.
2. Measure and cut the laminate to cover the area you need to repair. SolarShell comes in soft sheets that are easy to cut to any shape or size with standard knives or scissors.
3. Apply SolarShell primer to the prepared area. Don’t worry about matching it perfectly to the size of the patch. You want to primer to seep out slightly underneath it.
4. Remove the film backing and apply the patch.
5. Apply pressure to the patch using a roller or other tool.
6. Repeat the application process as needed. You can cut and apply large patches over a single area or several small patches in different areas.
7. Let the laminate cure under direct sunlight or UV lamp. In about 15 minutes, the laminate will harden and become an impenetrable shell.
And viola, in 7 easy steps, you have an impenetrable patch. You can even line an entire steel tank with SolarShell. Whether your problem is big or small, SolarShell can solve it. Once fully cured, the laminate can be painted over, and your application will look and function just like new.
Need to repair something other than steel? Don’t worry, SolarShell bonds with concrete, insulation glass, pvc, plastic and wood as well.
Why not try it out for yourself? What do you need to repair?